Liposuction Procedure and Its Benefits
Weight problems, when ignored, can have adverse effects on your overall health. An overweight person is one with a body mass index of forty or higher. There are various methods used to deal with the problems of being overweight. Exercise and healthier lifestyle habits are the most typical solutions to overweight issues. These treatments require a high level of discipline and can be pretty challenging to follow through. When these problems are not solved conventionally, procedures like Fort Worth Liposuction are suitable for stubborn conditions. Read on to learn more concerning liposuction.
What is meant by Liposuction?
Liposuction is a surgical operation that involves a suction method that removes fat from certain parts of your body like the hips, abdomen, buttocks, thighs, neck, or arms. Liposuction provides shape for these areas, otherwise known as body contouring.
Liposuction is not an established weight-loss method. Liposuction is likely to make you lose less weight than exercise, diet, or bariatric procedures like gastric bypass surgery.
Having a stable body weight but too much fat in a particular body area may warrant liposuction.
Liposuction gets rid of fat deposits from parts of the body irresponsive to exercise and diet like the:
- Chest and back
- Upper arms
- Ankles and calves
- Neck and chin
- Thighs and hips
Liposuction may also be used for gynecomastia or breast reduction.
Fat cells add in volume and size as you increase in weight. Liposuction gets rid of many fat cells in a particular area. The fat volume and the area’s appearance determine the amount of fat produced. As long as your total weight remains the same, the contour changes are usually permanent.
The skin molds itself to the new contours of the adjusted area after liposuction. Good elasticity and skin tone will probably result in a smooth skin appearance afterward or loose skin if it has poor elasticity.
Liposuction does not:
- Remove skin surface irregularities
- Improve cellulite dimpling
- Remove stretch marks
The most suitable liposuction technique used will be determined by your physician. Common variants of liposuction include:
- Tumescent liposuction- This operation involves a surgeon injecting a sterile solution into the treatment area that is a mixture of an anesthetic to relieve pain, an epinephrine drug to constrict blood vessels, and saltwater to help remove fat. The affected area swells and stiffens then the fat and fluids are sucked through a thin cannula tube inserted by your doctor.
- Laser-assisted liposuction uses high-intensity lasers to break down fat for removal by a cannula. A laser fiber is put through a small incision to emulsify the fats
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction involves the introduction of an ultrasonic energy-producing metal rod that ruptures fat cells and breaks them down for removal.
- Power-assisted liposuction uses a cannula that has quick back-and-forth motion. The vibration enables the physician to quickly and easily remove tough fat cells. Fat is removed with more precision while causing minimized swelling and pain.
Weight-loss solutions that involve surgical operations are generally risky for the patients due to the ease of occurrence of complications. Liposuction procedures should only be carried out when necessary. To book a consultation, go to our webpage or contact our offices in Fort Worth, TX.