There are many people who are blessed with a celebrity smile. A gorgeous smile helps enhance your overall personality, boosting your self-confidence.
But fret not! You can achieve a beautiful and healthy smile with dental veneers Murray Hill that offer customized porcelain veneers that easily blend with your natural teeth.
Introduction to dental veneers
Dental veneers are customized, thin, tooth-colored (porcelain) shells or coverings that are bonded to your teeth with dental cement. These help alter the shape, size, and color of your teeth.
They conceal dental imperfections like cracks, chips, and stains. Veneers are one of the most widely performed cosmetic dentistry procedures with several benefits.
Potential benefits of dental veneers
Dental veneers offer a number of benefits such as:
- Veneers have a versatile application in dentistry that include treating:
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Gaps in teeth (diastema)
- Teeth that are worn down due to grinding
- Severe tooth discoloration
- Chipped, misshapen, or crooked teeth
- Veneers dramatically enhance the appearance of your smile
- They do not require extensive tooth preparation
- They blend easily with your natural teeth
- These are stain-resistant
- Veneers do not require additional maintenance
- They have a lifespan ranging between 10 to 15 years
The process of getting dental veneers
- Before getting dental veneers, your dentist will evaluate the health of your teeth through dental X-rays.
- If you have any tooth cavities or gum disease additional treatments may be required such as cavity restoration and dental cleaning.
- The tooth that requires veneers is prepared by removing a sufficient amount of enamel such that the veneers can easily blend with the natural tooth.
- Your dentist will record impressions of your mouth and send them to the laboratory to fabricate the veneers according to your tooth measurements.
- You will be given a temporary veneer before you leave. This helps to protect your prepared tooth from damage.
- Veneer placements take around 2 hours.
- When you return to your dentist after about 2 weeks, your temporary veneer will be removed.
- The enamel surface will be cleaned to remove any residual plaque or bacteria.
- The tooth will be etched using a dental bonding agent, facilitating a good bond between the veneer and the tooth surface.
- Your dentist will then place the permanent customized porcelain veneer fabricated in the laboratory.
- Excess cement will be trimmed to fit your tooth permanently.
Veneers are porcelain shells that are gaining momentum in cosmetic dentistry since they are a long-term solution to aesthetic tooth problems. They are an excellent way to rejuvenate your smile and boost your confidence.