|Each F.C Tablet contains
Calcium 600 mg (as calcium carbonate 1497.8 mg)
Colecalciferol 5.0 µg (equivalent to 200 IU vitamin D3)
Magnesium 40 mg (as Magnesium Oxide 66.3 mg)
Zinc 7.5 mg (as Zinc Oxide 9.3 mg)
Copper 1.0 mg (as Copper Sulfate 3.9 mg)
Manganese 1.8 mg (as Manganese Sulfate 5.5 mg)
Boron 250 µg (as Sodium Borate 1.163 mg)
|Damvita Osteo Fort is a complete formulation of the most concentrated form
of calcium, plus Vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese and boron.
• Calcium is an essential element for building and maintaining strong teeth
and healthy bones. It is also useful for osteoporosis prevention. In addition,
Calcium plays an important role in muscle movement and blood
coagulation and nerve function.
• Osteoporosis is a decreasing in bone mass and results of bone fractures.
Women and girls. early in puberty and pre and postmenopause, individuals
with history of pathology of this disease, and elderly are more susceptible
to osteoporosis. Therefore, calcium is considered important for men and
women at all ages. Taking calcium during growth stage helps to reduce
susceptibility to osteoporosis later. Studies have shown that calcium is
useful even if women start taking it after menopause.
• Vitamin D is necessary for the optimal absorption and utilization of calcium
by the body.
• Magnesium is necessary for strong bones.
• Zinc, Copper, Manganese are essential for skeletal development.
• Boron helps the body utilize calcium.
|• Prophylaxis of osteoporosis (The elderly, after prolonged use of cortisones
and in postmenopausal women).
• During periods of increased requirements of calcium and vitamin D (pregnancy
and lactation, convalescence, and during growth stages)
• Promoting the healing of fractures.
• Patients with malabsorption, milk allergy or hypoparathyroidism.
In addition, the following groups of people may benefit from Damvita Osteo Fort:
• women during their adolescence, youth, menopausal and postmenopausal years.
• During pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• People of all genders and ages.
• Individuals with a family history of the disease, and the elderly.
• Children during development.
|Doctor should be consulted in case of allergy to any of the ingredients, and in the following medical cases: Hypercalcemia, renal failure, sarcoidosis, hypercalciuria, kidney calcium stone, malabsorption, diarrhea, heart block.
|• Patients should be advised not to take any oral drugs before passing 1-2
hours after taking calcium containing medications.
• Concomitan use of other drugs that contain calcium, magnesium or thiazides may result in increasing serum levels of calcium and magnesium especially in renal failure patients.
• Flouroquinolones and tetracyclines may reduce absorption of this drug.
|• Adverse effects may appear when calcium dose increases over the
recommended dose (more than 2000 – 2500 mg/day) or if it is used in renal failure patients. Adverse effects may include burning or difficulty urinating, vertigo, nausea or vomiting and fatigue.
|This is A Food Supplement:
- Use of supplements does not exclude doctor’s consultation and taking healthy and balanced food.
- Food supplements may have drug interactions that are unknown or unmentioned in this leaflet.
- Doctor should be consulted when taking other medicines with food supplemients.
|DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION|
|Take two tablets daily (with food), or as recommended by your doctor
|Damvita Osteo Fort: Pack of 30 film coated tablets.
|Store at temperature between (15-30)°C.